Sunday, April 1, 2012

Running for a Reason

What a gorgeous day God gave us to celebrate the memory of a sweet, blue-eyed little angel!  Yesterday us Koehns headed out early to participate in the 2nd Annual Ava's Run for a Reason.  It was heartwarming to see all the friends, family, and community members who were there to remember and honor Ava Shaye.

Sending balloons up to Ava
Most of you know that two years ago on March 21st we lost Ava Shaye Bright.  We were devastated to have to say goodbye such a beautiful little girl far too soon.  Chandler and Ava went to daycare together (she kept him in line) and Ava's mom Krista is a friend of co-worker of mine.  Watching Jim, Krista, and their family grieve their little girl was absolutely heartbreaking.  Her shining light touched so many people while she was here with us, and it continues to shine today from up above.  There is not a day that goes by that we don't miss those big, blue eyes and that sweet smile.  To read more about Ava's story please visit www.avalynshayefoundation.org.

Chandler & Ava
While we were there in the spirit of Ava, there were many others who walked or ran for different reasons, whether it be to honor the memory of a loved one that they had lost, or bring attention to a cause.  I saw many strong people at Ava's Run yesterday.  I have no idea what it is like to lose a child, but I have a couple of mommy friends who were there yesterday that have become heroes to me because of the grace and unwavering faith that they have shown after losing their child.  The love, kindness, compassion, humility, and strong foundation of faith that they have even after experiencing what must be the worst grief there is make me want to be a better person, friend, and mother. I will never understand why their sweet babies were taken from them so soon, but my prayers for my friends will never cease until they are HOME with their angels.

Chan & buddy Jonathan  running for Ava

A few of Ava's TLC "fiends": Maddox, Jonathan, Chandler, & Miles


"The most beautiful people that we have known are those that have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen."
~Elizabeth Kubler Ros~


Till next week friends!
Brittany :)

2 comments:

  1. I ended up going! I took Lily with me, and we had a great time! She spent most of the time in the bouncy houses.

    I didn't see you or I would have said Hi. I did see Justin from a distance but didn't run into him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, I thought I saw you there! Then I looked again and you were gone. Then I thought I saw you again later, but it wasn't really you that time :)

    ReplyDelete