Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day Late...But I Still Have a Dollar

Alright, so I'm a day late on posting...again.  Sue me.

Turns out this housewife thing keeps me super busy (not that I had any doubts that it would).  All summer long I have been wondering where the weeks have gone.  We'd get to Saturday night and this girl is like, "Whhhaaa??!!" Flying by I tell you!   And we have been busy for nearly every second of it!  I have been diligently keeping the house clean and tidy, preparing meals at home (since we are working on a new budget Mommy can't rely on Cinco nearly as often for lunch and/or dinner), and trying to check most of the items off of my "Summer To Do" list with the boys.  With as busy as I've been, I really don't know how I managed it all when I was teaching.  Friends...let me just tell you: BEING A STAY AT HOME MOMMY IS A FULL-TIME JOB.  And I never once doubted that before, but now that I am living it, I think it should come with paycheck just like other full-time jobs. ;)

So anyhoo, true to my OCD form, I have created a cleaning checklist and meal planning calendar to aide me in my full-time-mommyhood.  I fiddled around with different versions I'd found on Pinterest for several weeks before just deciding I would make my own.  And, I am pretty sure I have it down to almost perfect in my book.  Just thought I'd share in case you find them as lovely as I do.




Just let me say it again: I simply cannot believe that summer (at least as far as the teachers and kiddos are concerned) is almost over!  This is the first July in eight years that I am not heading out to frantically snatch up back to school sale items for my students, rearranging my room one more time, attending one (or four) more inservices, laminating & cutting out new wall decor, making new games or learning tubs for my kinderkids, or otherwise just spending time preparing myself for going back to school.  And...I'm perfectly okay with that.  I already miss the friends, and the sweet new kinderkids, but I know without a doubt that I am doing right now what I am supposed to be doing.  I absolutely love my new job. :)

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, 
since the payment is pure love."
~Mildred B. Vermont~

Till later this week friends!
Brittany :)

P.S.- Just figured I would throw in a couple doses of cute on this post...how could I forget?!
Chan outside having our "pic-uh-nic"

Liam doing what he does best..eating


1 comment:

  1. You are simply even more fabulous a a full time Mommy. How is that even possible!?!? :) I look forward to reading your blogs since I won't be getting a daily account of your hilarious life :) thanks for sharing. I can't wait to step foot into the full time Mommy shoes for a bit!

    ReplyDelete