Friday, July 13, 2012

You Might Be a Mother of Boys If...Part 3

Snips, and snails, and puppy dog tails...that's what little boys are made of.  Okay maybe not.  But, my oldest does now have a snail for a pet.  See:


This little fella has been given a nice, luxurious new home in a sand bucket with plenty of soil thanks to his new owner.  At one point, Chan even told me that he'd fed the snail and it had plenty of food...should probably check on that.  Anyhoo, this lovely addition to our family this week got me thinking of my "You Might Be a Mother of Boys" list (seeing as how the pet snail thing was #10 on the first part of my list...this is a secondary occurrence for us).  So, here are a few more recent additions to my list:

You Might Be a Mother of Boys If:
50. Your children are rough and tough from the time that they are infants.  So much so that your 11 month old head butts other babies at daycare.
51. The bottom rack of your dishwasher has, at one point or another, been used as a car or a dinosaur cage.
52. Nuts and balls are technical terms for male anatomy.
53. You (unfortunately) know what "poop basghetti" is.
54. With very rare exceptions, bathtime must occur every night due to the amount of dirt, filth, and grime that covers your child.
55. Your jewelry box has been raided, not for dress up, but for pirate treasure.
56. Your 4 year old has gotten two black eyes...at church.
57. You know you should start saving for grocery bills for when your children are teens because your 13 month old can consume more food at one meal than the other three members of your family and your dogs combined.
58. You have unknowingly gone out in public with Legos stuck to your leg. (Wendy Hardin!)
59. You have had bouncy balls thrown at you repeatedly when you were just trying to go potty.

Okay, that's all I've got for now...give me a few more days and I'm sure I will have more to add!  These boys sure do keep me on my toes!  But, I wouldn't have it any other way!


"Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable."
~Plato~

Till next week friends!
Brittany :)



No comments:

Post a Comment