Monday, July 15, 2013

Good-Bye Minnie!

Whew. I am tired.  I may need a weekend to recover from our on-the-go week. 

This past week we had lots of fun and had some BIG STUFF happen!!  For starters, Momma Koehn got her keys to her new classroom at Lakeview!  Yep, that's right friends...I am heading back to school!  I was offered a job teaching 2nd grade at Lakeview and happily accepted.  While I have really loved being home with Liam this year, I am just simply not cut out to be a stay-at-home-momma.  I was climbing the walls by October!  So...I have lots of work to do!  Just take a look:
My new classroom...plenty to do to keep me busy in here!
And, we made a family change.  Remember in this post, The Space Conundrum, where The Koehn Fam made the leap into the world of the mini-van??  Well, as it turns out, I am not cut out to be a mini-van-momma either.  So, it was time to say good-bye to the miniature van.
Here we are saying Peace out, Minnie!
And welcoming our newest vehicular family member into the ranks.  Thumbs up for SUVs.
(BTW, in an odd turn of events, I got a message from a friend on Facebook today that said she bought our van!  So, it's good to know Minnie is with a friend :)

Tuesday we spent some time up at Granny & Pa's.  The kiddos always love to run around up there and Granny loves to watch them play.
Sweet cousins

Chan relaxing on the dock
Wednesday Aunt Anna, Nana, & I took the kiddos downtown for some (mostly) free fun in Nashville.

We chilled out in the courtyard at the Nashville Public Library
And checked out the kids' periodicals
before heading in for story and music time.
Afterward, Nana treated us all to lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
Then we headed over to Bicentennial Mall to play in the water...
and to see the capital...
but mostly just to play in the water.
He seriously did this for like 45 minutes straight.
And then he had to have a picture with the "giant flags".
Friday we did some swimming over at Nama's
Before heading to Dougie's wedding on Saturday!  Jus was a groomsman,
And Chan was the ring bearer.  He got to walk Keilyn down the aisle.  Too cute.  Srsly.
We opted to leave Baby Lamb at home.  I figured he would just spend most of the ceremony shouting for Daddy & Nanew.
And then we ended (started?) the week back at Nama's with more swimming, eating, and ....snail catching.  Cause why not??
"There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, 
communion or company than a good marriage."
~Martin Luther~

Congratulations Doug & Chrissy!!  Wishing you all the very best in this new wonderful life that you are creating together!  So happy for you guys!

Till next time friends!
Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment