Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Top 10 of 2013 (Plus 6)

Did I just blink and then 2013 happened???  Cause, um, I am pretty sure we were just having New Year's Eve celebrations like yesterday.

Hey there Time; please slow down.

Even though it seems like it was gone in the blink of an eye, there was LOTS of fun, memories, laughs, accomplishments, thrills, sadness, waiting, blessings, answered prayers, and so much more in 2013.  Thinking back over the past year, we've had a pretty great one.

So, here is my Top 10 of 2013 (Plus 6...because that's how I roll).  And in chronological order (because that just makes sense):

January 2013: Getting baptized for the second time at church on January 6.
February 2013: I surprised Justin on Valentine's Day with a dinner at McNamara's followed by tickets to see one of our faves Flogging Molly in Nashville.  Best date night ever.
March 2013: Girls trip to Gatlinburg with my two oldest & bestest friends.  And it top if off, it snowed the whole weekend!  Was a gorgeous weekend with my gorgeous friends.
May 2013: Baby Lamb turned 2!!  We celebrated Liam's two years on May 9 with a trip to Build a Bear, dinner at Chuy's, and a carousel ride.  We had a fun party that weekend, too.
May 2013: Celebrated an AMAZING year with these kiddos at Mother's Day Out.  I LOVED my time there.  LOVED it.
June 2013: Chandler learned to ride his bike!!  We practiced for half an hour and then he was flying.  Super proud day.
July 2013: We said peace out to the miniature van.  She served us well, but Momma was pretty happy to see her go.
July 2013: I started my new position as a 2nd grade teacher at Lakeview Elementary with these amazing people.  Where I have always said I've wanted to teach. I am home.
August 2013: Chandler started 1st grade on August 1st!  Still cannot believe it!
August 2013: On August 11 we got as many of the Flatts (my Mom's family) together in my Aunt Ora's backyard for a good old-fashioned "get together".  Have so many memories with these great people in this place.
September 2013: We celebrated our birthdays!!  Chandler turned 6 and Mommy turned 32 29.  We had a yummy dinner at Cinco with the fam and a pirate party followed on the weekend.
September 2013: I ran (and finished!) the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville on September 28.  After training for three months, I ran the WHOLE thing and finished in 2:15:58, which was 2 seconds within my goal time.
October 2013: Family beach trip!!  The whole Whitaker clan headed to our fave place for a whole entire week.  Relaxing, great weather, beautiful water, and family.  Love.
December 2013: Snow day before Christmas!!  Not much, but enough to get out of school. :)
December 2013: Christmas Eve at Nama's with The Koehns.  Always one of our favorite days of the year.
December 2013: BIG NEWS TODAY!!!  My sister Andrea & BIL Jon found out today that Sam will be coming home in January 2014!  They leave for China on January 8th, will meet their son on January 13th, and be home as a complete family of 6 on January 26th!!!  Answered prayers!
What an amazing year it has been!!!  I simply cannot wait to see what 2014 holds in store for us Koehns.  It's gonna be good, friends.  In fact, it'll probably be kind of great.

"We will open the book.  It's pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and it's first chapter is New Year's Day."
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce~

Till next year friends!
Brittany :)

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love!!!!! and I got tears at your sisters picture!!! What a wonderful and beautiful idea!! I am so happy for their family!

    ReplyDelete