Monday, May 9, 2016

Baby Lamb is FIVE!!

This day has come far faster than I imagined that it would.  I guess that happens with the second child.  Baby Lamb is five.  I'm gonna go curl up in a ball and cry now.

As always, I have to recap the past years of my sweet boy's life starting from day one.  We are gonna be pretty brief today--birthdays only!  My five year old wants to play. :)  So, here goes:

Brand new.  Sweet boy made us a family of four at 9:24am on May 9, 2011.

We were shocked to be meeting him earlier than we'd expected.  Big brother Chan was more than excited.  His first words when they met for the first time were "awww--look at his tiny, little fingers!"  Their brotherly bond was established right then and there.
One year flew by!  We quickly learned that having two boys was an adventure.  They kept us on our toes so much that we hardly even realized one year had passed.  We celebrated with a big Sesame Street bash and smash cake, of course.
And our session with our favorite photographer, Wendy Hardin.  It is always hard to pick just one favorite from a session, but this one seemed to exude all things Liam--sweet, curious, fun-loving.

If one year flew by, then the second year happened in a blink.  Pretty soon we were celebrating out little monkey turning TWO with a monkey birthday bash.  He was oh-so-lovable at this age!  And into everything.


He would run from one fun thing to the next, laughing all along the way.  Full of life, always smiling.

And then three came along.  Seemed like such a "big boy" age.  Sweet thing never stopped smiling, followed Chandler everywhere, and was showing his big love everywhere he went.

His sweet little cheeks!  I could eat him up!! 

Big boy 4!!  Rough and tumble all the time, hard to keep clean, excited about everything, 
and always eager to please.  

He was really turning into a "little boy" by four.  No more baby to our little Baby Lamb.

And now his years fill a whole hand of fingers.  And he is "so happy to be five"!  And although he may not be a baby any longer, his desire to show love and make others feel loved is still so strong--he told me just today "Mommy, you can still hold me like a baby if you want to."  So, I think I will.

My dear, sweet Liam~
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my BABY you'll be."
~R. Munsch~

Happy Birthday, Baby Lamb!  I love you to the moon and back...over and over again.

Mommy :)











No comments:

Post a Comment