Friday, February 24, 2012

We Are Family

So, this week has been a little hectic and I am just now getting to my blog post. Yikes!!  Not having to work on Monday for President's Day really threw off my week.  But, since we were off we did get to spend some long-overdue, quality time with my sister and her oh-so-sweet girlies.  I sure do love my nieces, and they are pretty much the most adorable little girls on the planet.  Adorable runs in our family.  If you don't believe me, just take a look:

Riley Grace, Gracyn Jaymes, & Katelyn MaKenzie
 See?  I told ya.  Beautiful girls with matching beautiful personalities.  I.Love.Them.

Anyhoo, because most of our littles are now in school and involved in extracurriculars, we don't get to see each other as often as we used to.  So it was nice to be able to spend some time letting the kids play and catch up on Monday.  I am so super glad that Chandler and Liam have cousins growing up right along with them.  Built-in friends.  I never had cousins growing up (at least not any first cousins), so I am really enjoying watching the relationships that our children are building with one another.

Katelyn, the oldest of the cousins, is like the little mother hen.  And true to form being the oldest (and dare I say a bit like her mother??), she has a take charge kind of attitude.  Riley, second oldest, is one spunky little gal.  She is a fireball for sure!  And always good for a laugh!  She and Chan are only six months apart, so they have literally grown up together.  Their squabbles have recently begun to resemble those of brother/sister rather than that of cousins.  Gracyn, until recently, was the baby.  And she knew it, too.  Those big brown eyes and precious grin will melt hearts and make you hand over whatever it is she desires.  We will see how she deals with Liam taking over her spot soon,  but so far she hasn't seemed to mind. :)


I can't wait to see what the future holds for all these little loves of ours.  I hope and pray that the bonds that they are making now continue to grow and strengthen in the years to come.

                         "You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
                                                                                       ~Desmond Tutu~


                                                                          Till next week friends!
                                                                                   Brittany :)

P.S.- In case you were wondering these photos are, once again, courtesy of the fabulous Wendy Hardin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment