Monday, March 12, 2012

Can't Catch a "Spring"Break

First of all, I failed to post last week.  So, two posts this week so I can stay on track with my resolution.

Second, here we are...first day of spring break.  I couldn't be happier that I get two weeks off to bask in everything spring!  Sunshine, flowers, playdates, cleaning....but of course, true to form, us Koehns are kicking off another break with sickness.

Yep, Liam again. I knew he wasn't feeling great today since I haven't been able to put him down for a minute without him fussing.  He woke from his third nap (another clue that he wasn't feeling well) with some slight wheezing and a low-grade fever.  He is now on his fourth nap as I type.  Hoping that this passes quickly and we don't have to spend spring break making more doctor visits.


And then there's Chan.  Not sick, but looking a little worse for the wear today.  We skipped a bath last night, so his blue Kool-Aid mustache is still there in all it's glory.  Not to mention the big, black and blue knot on his head from his run-in with a LeapPad (those things are fierce!). And the red spot....we're still trying to figure that one out, though we've ruled out ringworm.


And, since it's raining on our first day of break, we've had a video game/TV day.  Laziness was the word today.  I didn't even fix my hair, so I look a bit like a 12 year old boy at the moment (due to the short, "Mom" cut).  Hoping that tomorrow and the rest of our break will bring sunshine, warm temps, and no sick kiddies so we can get this party started!
                     
                                                "Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's Party!"
                                                                                    ~Robin Williams~

                                                           Till the end of the week friends!
                                                                           Brittany :)

1 comment:

  1. Geez poor Liam! Kid really can't catch a break. Hope it passes fast so you guys can enjoy a nice week. It will be a great week to be off work with the weather being so great!

    ReplyDelete