Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Liam!

Though his actual birthday was Wednesday, today we celebrated ONE YEAR for our sweet baby Liam.  We have been super busy all day long!  In fact, this is the first time I have sat down today.  I feel super accomplished though...three loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away, dishes done and put away, house semi-cleaned, birthday party prepped, thrown, and cleaned up, dinner with parentals, and a blog post!  I'm on a roll :)

But, the bulk of our day was spent getting ready for Liam's birthday party.  I decided to go with a Sesame Street theme for his 1st.  I had super amazing plans to do lots of fun themed games outside...but alas the rain took the party out of that part.  We still had a great time celebrating though.  Here are a few pics from our day, starting with his pretty cute birthday invitation:

Bought these on Etsy

Cake & cupcake table

Sesame Street cupcakes

Food table...I had some super cute signs to make for the goldfish and cookies, but ran out of time :(
Dining room, still using our Liam banner made by the fabulous Kristle Chalos for our baby shower
Liam's month by month pics
Party favor bags, one of my Pinterest ideas.  Super love how they turned out!
Backdrop for cake time...another Pinterest idea, but it isn't centered :-/
This party brought to you by the Letter L and the Number 1
Mommy & the Birthday Boy
Smash cake
Here we go!
Let's do this.
Not too sure.
Little squishy.
Yea, he decided it was okay.
How real men eat cake.
Opening presents with friends
My big 1 year old
Happy Birthday, Liam!
We had a great time and a great celebration of the last year we've had with Liam.  Looking back it seems like this year has literally gone by in an instant.  Is there some way to slow down time just a bit???  Why must our babies grow up so fast???  I MUST slow down and remember to savor each and every day that my sweet boys are little!!

I shall leave you tonight with words from a fabulous children's author.  I started writing this in Chandler's birthday cards on his first birthday and have each year since, which I will also do with Liam.  Words couldn't be more true than this.

"I'll love you forever.  I'll like you for always.  As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
~Robert Munsch, from Love You, Forever~

Till next week friends!
Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment