Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Yay for Mommies!  Today is Mother's Day and we have been making our usual holiday rounds to celebrate.  Last year on Mother's Day we did the same, but with only one little one tagging along with us (still waiting on Liam, though my water broke on Mother's Day night).  So, this was my first Mother's Day as a Mommy of two!  I am so very blessed that these two sweet boys call me Momma.

Mother's Day 2012

And this couldn't have been more precious...Chandler's song that he learned at school and sang to me this morning (and a few other times this past week):


As I was having my coffee this morning, watching my boys play, I got to thinking about some of the things that I have learned from the most important Moms in my life.  As I have said before, this journey of motherhood has me learning new things everyday, but I have also learned so much from watching these pretty fabulous Moms in action.  And I was lucky enough to get to celebrate with these wonderful ladies today. 

My Mom, me, Granny Vera, sister Andrea, & brother Woody
Liam, me, Jus, BIL Mitch, MIL Denise, Trev, & SIL Carly
So, what have I learned so far??  Well, here are just a few things that I have learned along the way either on my own or from one of these ladies:
1. A mother's love knows no bounds...at all.  None.
2. Being a mom isn't easy.  In fact, it's the hardest job on earth.  
Which is why Moms have Moms; for job training.
3. Sometimes Moms need a break, and that's why we have Grandmas.
4. A mother's love isn't always squishy and sweet.  Sometimes, kids need tough love.
5. Take time to spend with your little ones and slow down.  You really will blink and they will be walking, then riding a bike, then starting high school, then leaving for college.  Savor every moment.
6. Let them be little. 
7. As a Mom, you don't always get it right, so learn to laugh at your mistakes and/or learn from them.
8. Sometimes when our children come to us, our heads and our hearts won't always know what to say or do to make it better; that's why God gave us arms to hold and carry our children through these times.
9. It is entirely possible to love your child before ever meeting them.  And that love really does grow bigger each and every day.

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. "
~Washington Irving~

Till next week friends!
Brittany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment