Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Hope that everyone had a lovely Easter weekend!  We have a had a great week celebrating Easter!  The boys both had Easter egg hunts at school (neither of which I have pictures of, but hey, they're pretty much all the same, right?), I got to teach my littles at school about the true meaning of Easter (quite a difference from my public school days), and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating with family.  Here's what we were up to this week:
Oh, yes!  We did get snow the week of Easter!  And I scooped up Liam just long enough Tuesday morning to get a few shots in the flurries (since we don't have a true snow picture of him and he's nearly 2)
"Noooo, Mama!  Noooo!"  He was loving the snow, as little as we got.
The boys helped make these Easter "tweets" to pass out to their friends at school
And we did a little handprint art
Saturday's Bunny Booty Breakfast pancakes
Liam is always a fan of food in any form, of course
Chan really dug them, too.
We had some treats to deliver to our AMAZING neighbors on Saturday
And we egged them, too...but in a good way.
Chan hid all the eggs for his friends to find (very quiet and sneakily I might add), then rang the doorball and ran back home

And watched and waited until they found their note
Both boys had fun watching their friends hunt for the eggs we had left.
Turns out Mrs. Marie had a treat for them, too!  We love you, Marie!!
And then we had some bunny-inspired lunch

And don't you know it, that bunny came and visited us! 
Chan was super excited, as usual
And Liam just wanted to sit on his new alligator.
Oh, yeah!
Upside down, as usual.  Weirdo.
My handsome boys ready for church Easter morning
All dressed up and ready to go!
After church we headed straight to Nana's for Easter lunch with the fam
And an indoor egg hunt this year due to the rain. 
Didn't seem to bother them much, though.
The boys with Nana
And another with Momma (because we needed Lamb to lose the paci)
And we hung with Uncle Jon for a bit, too! 

After Nana's, we headed to Aunt Kelly and Uncle Doug's for our Koehn/Jones Easter meal.  Turns out Grandma had Easter baskets for us, too!  We are so loved!
And then we crashed after our sugar high.  It was fun while it lasted, though!
Well, friends...I have some kiddos to get to bed who are worn out!  I know we will all rest well tonight!
"Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to
strength and beauty and happiness."
~Floyd W. Tomkins~

Happy Easter Friends!
Brittany :)

P.S.- Giving credit again where it's due:
*I got the idea for the bunny booty breakfast and the printable Easter gift tags from Marci Combs over at her blog http://marcicoombs.blogspot.com/search/label/Easter
*My Easter Tweets printable was free from Simply Klassic here http://www.simplyklassichome.com/2013/03/easter-tweets-for-my-favorite-peeps.html 
*I saw the "You got Egged" idea on Pinterest, but I made my own in Word ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment