Saturday, May 11, 2013

Keep Calm and Go Bananas

Party day!!!

Today we celebrated Liam's birthday with a monkey themed party with family and friends.  His actual birthday was Thursday, which we celebrated with a trip to Opry Mills to Build a Bear, eat some Chuy's, and go on a birthday carousel ride.  I was more than a little bummed when we got halfway home and I realized I forgot my CinnaBon :(  (I have weakness for Cinnabon).

Liam's birthday trip to Opry Mills
Chan had been anticipating today all week long!  He kept asking when Liam's "real" birthday was; as in "when is party day??"  So, what did I hear all day long??  You guessed it!  "Is it 4:00 yet?  When is everyone gonna get here?   Is it time for the party?"

I went with a monkey/banana theme because Liam LOVES bananas. I often refer to him as "my little monkey" for this reason.  And, he has his little monkey snuggly that he has had since before birth, along with his Ty monkey beanie that matches big brother's.  Anyhoo, here's some of the monkey business we were up to today:
Party favors
Banana runts--Justin made the toppers for me cause he's so awesome :)
The cake (props to Hermitage Bakery!)
And I made chocolate cupcakes, too (Props to Justin again for the toppers!)
I had brown tissue paper left over, so I took a shot at a tissue paper monkey.  I thought it was purdy cute.
The party decor and food table
The banana foods
And the monkey foods
Momma & her little monkey
Uncle Mitch sneaking up on the birthday boy
The birthday boy with Daddy
Taking a birthday ride on the hog
Happy Birthday to You!
Make a wish!
Time to eat cake...
Yea, it's just easier this way.
Pretty good stuff...
But he opted for a banana instead!
Time to open presents!
Big bro & lil bro chillaxin' on the new pullout (thanks Jeff & Jamie!)
And, I'm spent!
Almost done--somebody got a water play table :)
And off we go to play with Kate Kate
Another great birthday celebration in the books!  Here's hoping his third doesn't come quite so fast!

"Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
~Jean Paul Richter~

Till next week friends!
Brittany :)



No comments:

Post a Comment