Saturday, September 6, 2014

Chandler is SEVEN!

Seven years ago today I was seeing this face for the very first time.
Chandler Keaton--about 2 hours new
For the past seven years, Chandler has been the reason to get up every morning, the challenge of every day, and the overwhelming joy and pride of every moment.  Seven has gone by so fast.  Here's what this kiddo has been up to this past year.
In September, he become a Tiger Cub.
As he so often does, he reminded me to stop and smell the roses in October.
He became a bona fide first grader in November with the loss of his first two (bottom) teeth.
And he got to play in snow (a bit) for the first time in a long while in December.
Carried on with his usual "Chan"tics in January.
And did some sweet snugglin' during an unusually cold winter in February.
He got pretty up close and personal with a black bear at The Knoxville Zoo in March!
And ran his first Kids' Marathon in April with a super fast time!
He became an avid tree climber in May and has since tackled many an oak and maple.
And he conquered Big Thunder Mountain Railroad during his first trip to Disney World in June.
Spent the lazy days of summer in the water one place or another during July.
And started his 2nd grade adventure in Mrs. Quinn's class in August.
And then there's today, his birthday.  Riding his new scooter since 7:15 this morning.
I knew being his Momma was gonna be a blessing.  I just had no idea how BIG!  Every day is a new adventure with this kid.  And I am enjoying every second.  (Okay, I could do without the sass mouth, but other than that ;)
Happy Birthday to the BEST birthday present I've ever gotten!!!

Love you, Chandler Man!!  Hope you're birthday ROCKS!
Mom :)

"I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my BABY you'll be."
~Robert Munsch~

No comments:

Post a Comment