Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top 14 of 2014

Oh, look!  A blog post!  Yep, it's been awhile.  But, here I am (as on most New Year's Days past) looking back over the past years.  My TimeHop app showed me this blog post from 2012 (Love is Here) and then I came across last year's blog post ("My Top 10 of 2013") and thought I would carry on the tradition.  Maybe one day Us Koehns will have a nice, big coffee table book of our very own Top 10's (with a twist).

So, without further adieu, here are our Top 14 of 2014:
Welcoming home my nephew Sam on January 28, 2014
We met Andrea and Jon at the airport and got to see The White Family become SIX!  Such an exciting day!!
Baby Lamb celebrated turning THREE on May 9, 2014.  This hardly seems possible.  Thanks, as always, to my dear friend Wendy Hardin for capturing my sweet 3 year old's pictures!!
This fella and I celebrated TEN YEARS OF MARRIAGE on April 3, 2014!  Can you believe that we have endured each other enjoyed wedded bliss together for this long??
Chan completed the Nashville Kids Marathon on April 27, 2014.  He had a great time (even beat me!) and had fun, but I was most proud of him for overcoming the anxiety that he had about running this race.  The crowd of strangers, the unknown of having not done it before...he was not so sure about it.  But, he did it.  So proud of him.
June 2014 and the boys' first (but definitely not last) visit to the happiest place on earth! A definite high point of our year!  I started planning our next trip the day we got home.  I still have PDD (Post Disney Depression).
June/July 2014- Meeting Xia. Andrea & Jon hosted Xia (on the left) this summer and decided at the end of the program that he would be joining their family through adoption, too.  They hope to bring my new nephew (who will be named Christopher) home by March of this year.  Are these two not the cutest?!?!
Chan-Man started SECOND GRADE, YA'LL!!  August 1, 2014 he started school with the best 2nd grade teacher ever, and right across the hall from his momma.  He is having a great year!!
Our forever home!!  We moved for the FINAL time into our forever home on August 5, 2014.  Back to school, work, and moving all in the same week. It was a tad crazy, but whatevs.
Seven years old just doesn't seem right, but seven came anyway.  On September 6, 2014 we celebrated Chan's 7th birthday and my 33rd 29th. 
On September 13, 2014 Liam started riding a bike SANS TRAINING WHEELS!  Since when do three year olds do this??  Chan was determined to teach him, and he did.  Success story--they actually worked together for a bit with minimal fighting and accomplished a goal.  Proud Momma.
October 2014: our annual beach trip.  Sand, sun, surf, and crazy family.  Can't top that.


October 31, 2014.  Because I.JUST.HAD.TO.  I couldn't have our Top 10 not include Wayne & Garth.

And okay, these little boogers were pretty excellent, too!  I did kind of love their costumes this year.

November 28, 2014: We've made a tradition out of going to cut down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  One of our favorite days of the year, and this year the rest of The Koehns got to join us.  We had a blast kicking off our good, old-fashioned family Christmas.

My personal resolution was completed on December 20, 2014 when I finished my final 5K of the year.  I ended the year with 12 5Ks and 1 Kids Fun Run.  The Half-Marathon was a wash this year since I had strep throat that weekend, but oh well.

And there it is, folks.  All wrapped up into 2014, but with lots, lots more in memories.  Can't wait to see what 2015 holds for Us Koehns. 

"Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges;
whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities."

~Michael Josephson~

Till next time, friends!
Brittany :)















No comments:

Post a Comment